Just a little nuts

Just a little nuts
A blog about single parenting & autism

Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Dear Bitchy Bus Stop Mom,

Yes, I know the constant monkey sounds and monkey act that my kid does at the bus stop every single day is annoying. But at least she is cheerful every day. Not moody and bitchy like you, or sullen and miserable like your son appears to be (can't say I blame him). And here's a tip about dealing with autism (not that you would know or care): you have to be consistent. You can't play along with the monkey stuff only on days you feel like it, then reject it and be annoyed on the days you don't. That's why I don't play along with it at all, because every joke I laugh at or any silliness I participate in is a careful choice, because I know I could be stuck with it every day for the rest of our lives. That's why the monkey thing has lasted so long, because just enough people have laughed or humored her or played along on occasion. That's all it takes.

No comments:

Post a Comment