Just a little nuts

Just a little nuts
A blog about single parenting & autism

Saturday, April 20, 2013

Notes for the speech evaluation

Speech evaluation next week with the goal of getting into a social speech group therapy.

Speech concerns--

Questions: There are millions of What and Why questions yet Little Squirrel can only phrase requests as demands/statements/announcements, like, "I want--" or "More--" or "I need--" or "I'm--" or worse... "Gimme--"! No matter how many times I rephrase what she said as a question and have her repeat it back, she can't seem to formulate requests on her own--only demands that sound incredibly rude and make me feel angry and abused by end of day.

Word order: "What your name is?" How old you are?"

Pragmatic conversation: needs work! a lot of work...

No comments:

Post a Comment