Just a little nuts

Just a little nuts
A blog about single parenting & autism

Friday, January 18, 2013

Visual schedule


Now that Little Squirrel can read the whole visual schedule thing is so much easier! It's working well so far. I just carry around a tablet and before I pick her up from school I quickly write out the day of the week, then everything that's happening (that I know of) the rest of the day. And since today was Friday I included the rest of today AND the itinerary for tomorrow also, which I think has helped simmer down the weekend anxiety, at least as far as I can tell. To do this requires actually having a plan for each day, which I have learned to do, since I have learned Little Squirrel can tolerate about 2 hours max at home before going nuts and behaving like bugs are crawling under her skin due to the uncertainty of "what's next???"

No comments:

Post a Comment